Well established international product manufacturer in Linbro Park, Gauteng is looking to employ a Mech Draughtsman to join their R&D team
- As the mechanical draughtsman, you will form part of a multidisciplinary engineering team reporting to the R&D Engineering Manager. The successful candidate for the role will have the relevant draughting qualifications experience in 3D CAD modelling and creating part drawings for fabrication.
- As the draughtsman in the engineering team your primary focus will be on updating existing drawings with changes to suit the needs of production. It will also require re-drawing of legacy drawings that are in outdated formats. To a lesser extent, the roll will involve creating manufacturing drawings for new products.
- The role is office bound, with minimum travel for work. Working hours are fixed, with two options available.
- As the Mechanical draughtsman your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Updating existing sheet metal parts according to the requirements of production.
- Ensuring that bills of materials are updated with latest drawing revisions and that suppliers have the latest files.
- 3D printing of sheet metal parts as required for test fitment.
- Updating and maintaining the mechanical drawings register.
- 3D Modelling of existing machines in SolidWorks.
- Creating or improving standard drawing procedures.
- Rechecking and changing tolerances for existing drawings.
- An accredited draughting qualification (Diploma).
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience with 3D parametric software and CAD design – Ideally in a product design or production environment.
- Sheet metal draughting design (essential)
- Experience in managing drawing files and CAD models.
- Own reliable transport.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership traits.
- Logical, analytical thinking. Solving problems by deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Excellent at verbal articulation and writing skills.
- Experience in the following will be advantageous:
- Experience in electrical CAD work.
- Expert knowledge in sheet metal design and weldments.
- Any work in the refrigeration industry.
- Any work in the automotive industry.
The position pays between R 18,000 to R 22,000 per month