A well established equipment manufacturer in Linbro Park, is looking for a highly organized Production Manager to take responsibility for developing and ensuring adherence to the production schedules, oversee production processes and ensure that the required outputs are on time and at acceptable quality whilst adhering to health and safety regulations. The Production Manager’s main function will be to ensure effective and efficient on time outputs within budget and to standard.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and facilitate departmental procedures which in turn enhance the production and efficiency of the department, while supporting safety policies
- Establish, implement, oversee and control the production plan and schedule.
- Motivating, supporting and providing guidance to production staff
- Working closely with Supply Chain to ensure availability of materials to meet production needs
- Communicating regularly with management regarding problems or issues impacting production.
- Evaluating machine resources to ensure continued production and minimal downtime.
- Establishing a balance between increased productivity and reduced costs of manufacturing operations.
- Setting productivity goals for each production employee and the team.
- Developing and maintaining workflow policies and procedures that improve efficiency without compromising safety and quality.
- Train new employees as well as current employees on procedures and protocols.
- Oversee repairs and maintenance of production equipment.
- Implement cost control programs or procedures.
- Oversee and review time and attendance of staff, as well as vacation approvals.
- Analyse production, quality control and budgetary outcome of projects
- Reporting on production, stock levels and overseeing all required administrative reporting systems.
- Oversee, monitor and direct coordination of company issued equipment, to include, laptops, tools, vehicles, equipment and other property.
- Audit and review emergency and accident paperwork and processes to ensure compliance.
- Oversee all personnel protective equipment requirements and needs.
- Ensure good housekeeping at all times to enable a safe and non-cluttered worksite.
- Maintain employee confidentiality and performance management by coaching, leading, mentoring and motivating employees.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- A degree / diploma in production management would be advantageous,
- Production management experience in machine building/assembly
- Mechanical/Electrical/Technical background essential
- Experience and knowledge of health and safety standards.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
An annual package of between R 480,000 and R 840,000 CTC based on experience. Production bonus is also available.