Reputable equipment manufacturer is looking for a Quality Controller to check the quality of all incoming and outgoing material and products. The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. In depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential.
- Perform regular quality assessments on all incoming materials from vendors and outgoing equipment.
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations.
- Read drawings, (mechanical and electrical) and specifications to understand the requirements of products
- Measure product dimensions, examine functionality, and compare the final product to the specifications.
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records.
- Teach the production team about quality control concerns to improve product excellence.
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner.
- Travel to suppliers for inspections and assessments
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certification in quality control is preferred.
- Good understanding and previous implementation of 5 S and ISO 9000 standards
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Valid drivers license, ability to travel locally
- Good math and technical skills.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques
Remuneration : R 75.00 per hour